This award looks like a fun new way to find new blogs and get to know a little bit more about blogs you follow! Here are the rules:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominated blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them they have been nominated
- Write a post containing these questions
- Include these rules in the post
Here are the questions Curiouser and Curiouser gave:
1. What is your all time favorite book? Why?
That is such a tough question…I can’t pick just one. I’ll tell you a few that I could read and reread a hundred times and be perfectly happy, though: The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series, The Bronze Horseman, The Best Yes, Harry Potter, Love, Rosie, The Hunger Games, The Notebook, Jane Eyre…. I don’t know this is getting a little crazy, huh? I could go on for days…
2. Do you like cooking/baking? If so, what is your favorite thing to cook/bake?
I prefer baking to cooking, though I’m really not very good at either. I consider it a great feat to make a grilled cheese sandwich without burning it, to be honest. My favorite things to make are: cheese dip, cookies, pies, pumpkin rolls…do smoothies count?
3. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Blogging is a really fun way to talk about the things that interest you, get to know others with similar interests. I don’t know why I didn’t start blogging sooner – I love books and talking about books and reading book reviews, and this is a great place to do that. I also love learning new things, meeting new people and learning from others… I get all of that with blogging!
4. If you could travel to one country in the world, where would it be and why?
I have to pick one country? Can I pick a continent? All of them! I have some serious wanderlust… if I could retire now and spend the rest of my life bringing nothing but my dogs and my books to see the world that would be awesome! I really can’t pick just one country, its like picking one book – it is impossible….
5. Do you like Young Adult novels?
I do like Young Adult novels! I read so many different genres, but YA is definitely one of the top on my list!
6. What is your favorite genre of music? Why?
Ok, at this point you might start getting tired of my answers, because they’re starting to sound the same. I listen to a wide variety of music, too. It really depends on the mood I’m in… anywhere from Contemporary Christian to Pop, Rock, Country, or Reggae….
7. If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be?
Hmmm…. my dog (she definitely counts – I won’t go anywhere without her!), my camera, laptop, sketchbook and a set of watercolor pencils, a suitcase full of books and clothes – and I’m ready for anything!
8. If you could meet any author who would it be? Why?
ANY author, right? I think it would be really cool to have a conversation with Jane Austen or Charlotte Bronte.
9. What languages do you speak? Are there any you want to learn?
I am a coda, which means my parents are deaf – so sign language is my native language which makes me bilingual speaking ASL and English. I took German in middle and high school so I would love to finish learning that. I find languages and cultures fascinating so I wouldn’t stop there… Italian, Russian, and French would probably be next on my list.
10. Which book character do you most identify with?
I identify with a lot of book characters, and at least with a trait of almost everyone… but I’ll go with the very first one that clicked with me: Jo March from Little Women.
So now it’s your turn! My questions are:
1. Do you have a book that made you fall in love with reading? What is it, and why did you love it so much?
2. What are your favorite genres to read? What do you like about them so much?
3. If you could save only 5 books from a fire, which ones would they be?
4. Do you believe in magic?
5. What are your other passions/interests?
6. What are your most/least favorite book to movie adaptations?
7. What 5 books would you say everyone should read before they die? (5 books other than the ones chosen in #3)
8. If you could have a single superpower, what would you choose?
9. If you could live in another period of time, where/when would you choose?
10. Tell me something random about yourself.
…and YOU@ yourblog! Enjoy!